Wednesday, December 21, 2011

North Country Trail Hike

I am keeping the exercise routine going and hiked the North Country Trail in the school forest. We still have not received more snow, so depending on where you are in town there is 2-4 inches on the ground. I started the hike at the bridge in the school forest and walked the trail to the Lake Superior shoreline, and then walked the road back.

As you can see below, the Sucker River is starting to freeze over.


The North Country Trail through the school forest takes you along a series of ridges on old dune formations.



Once I arrived at the shoreline, I was greeted with 8-10 foot waves.  Because of the high waves as of late, no ice has built up on the shoreline.






While I was taking the shoreline photos, all of a sudden it started to sleet.  I must admit that those little ice pellets hurt when they hit my face!



And then I headed back to the car....

No comments:

Post a Comment