Monday, February 28, 2011

Saguaro National Park Plus My New Art Studio

After I was done purchasing items for the museum's gift shop at the Tucson gem show, Helen and I headed west of Tucson and visited the Saguaro National Park. There is a five-mile loop drive that we took to get some good cacti photos, plus we parked and walked up Signal Hill to see the petroglyphs etched into the rock by the Hohokam Indians. I've included two pictures of the interpretive signs. If you click (or double click depending on your computer's mouse settings) you can enlarge these photos to better read the interpretive information.













This past fall when I was telling one of my friends that I'm tired of working on my mineral art in a confined space with my inventory of parts and raw materials all over my house -- due to lack of space in my "art room" -- my friend suggested that I swap rooms in my house. I've moved my bedroom into one of the smaller rooms, and my former larger bedroom has now been transformed into my new art studio. It was a huge amount of work, but I am very pleased with the result. I cannot wait to create mineral art in my new space.





No comments:

Post a Comment