Saturday, September 22, 2012

Rockhounding Adventure Update and Sample Photos

I have finally resumed work on the online rockhounding adventures. I am finishing the first adventure, The Basics. The second adventure, The Lake Superior Agate, has already been completed. I have one more segment left to complete (Earth Formation) plus the quizzes/self evaluations. I am hoping to launch the program in October or November as a Pilot program. The pilot program charge will be half price since I am going to ask all the participants to email me with suggestions for changes and improvements. The adventures will be launched from my webpage, www.agatelady.com.  The pilot program will last a few months until I launch the third online rockhounding adventure in the spring. 

So since I want to get back to "the project," as I call it, for today's blog posting I'm going to include a few pictures from the segment that I'm finishing this morning. This segment covers the formation of our solar system.

Here are some photos showing the relative size of the Earth and the other planets.

Earth vs Mercury.


Earth vs. Venus


Earth vs. Mars


Earth vs. Jupiter


Earth vs. Saturn


Earth vs. Uranus


Earth vs. Neptune


Earth vs. the dwarf planet, Pluto.


Just to wet your interest to entice you to sign up for the online rockhounding adventure pilot launch, here are a few other pictures of planets that are included in the Solar System Formation segment. This segment includes almost 100 photos plus several videos. There is a guy from England, Derek Harrigan, who compiled some awesome videos about the planets. He has given me permission to use his videos. They are extremely well done. If you are at all interested in our solar system, and even if you previously were not, you will enjoy the videos. But in the mean time, here are a few of the images from the solar system segment.








No comments:

Post a Comment