Thursday, October 29, 2015

Southern Indiana -- Ohio River Photos

Yesterday I arrived back home from the Mason, MI gem and mineral show.  I took a couple of extra days after the show to visit with friends and family.  Then I headed back home and finished moving the rest of the wood pile into the wood shed.  For today's blog posting I decided to dip back into the photos I took a couple of weeks ago while visiting southern Indiana with my sister, Diana.

We stopped at a small park along the Ohio River to have lunch.  There was a huge root system and evidence of erosion....






There were walnut trees everywhere....








We went for a hike along the river....


At the end of the trail there was a dry river bed and dry waterfalls.  It would have been interesting to see this tributary river with water in it.









On the way back to the car a long barge being pushed by a tug went by....







A pond next to the parking lot...




No comments:

Post a Comment