Sunday, May 22, 2016

Grand Marais Photos East and West

Over the last several days I have taken a few photos here and there during my adventures around Grand Marais.  Today I'll post the random photos.

The beach between First Creek, located just west of Woodland Park Campground, and Sable River has recovered.  It is now possible to walk from Grand Marais into the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore!


Erosion of the Grand Sable Banks continues, though....


Mouth of Sable River...


Sable Falls...


The trilliums are finally up!


Local resident...


Jamey, Lois, and I went on an adventure east of town.  We hiked up this ancient dune for exercise!


Next we went to the beach and cooked dinner!
 

First, a chicken salad appetizer with sliced radishes...
 

Then organic multi-colored carrots, mini yellow potatoes, and pork loin with an apple vegetable sauce!


Beach scenes...




On Friday I successfully changed the oil in my one-year old lawn tractor, re-charged the battery, and performed other spring maintenance tasks.  Then, it started right up!  Yea!  Right after starting to mow, I almost ran over this baby rabbit.  He was 5-6 inches long.  I used a bucket to relocate him to the woods, around 30 feet away from where I found him.  I wanted to make sure he did not return to the lawn, but I hope he found his mother.



No comments:

Post a Comment