Friday, June 17, 2016

Miscellaneous Photos

First, before I get to today's post, I'll provide an update on the history book.  Last night I finished the final layout.  The process went faster than I expected considering I had to cut and paste 300 pages of text and add in over 200 photos and other images.  I still have to create the index and proof the final draft, but I should be able to send the file to the printer in the next few days!  Thus, I am expecting to have copies of the history book available for sale in August.

For today's post I have several different photos.  Burt Township decided to replace the sidewalk along Brazel Street, from downtown to the entrance of Woodland Park.  One of the township officials suggested that I donate some rocks to be included in the cement in front of the museum.  We didn't go crazy, but did add two rows of rocks, both perpendicular from the edges of the building.




A guy came into the museum with a very unusual stone.  He found this hexagon shaped piece of jasper in front of the museum.  It also has a center round depression.  Does anyone have any idea what it is?  Some type of artifact?




This weekend is the Splash In event.  The planes are already starting to arrive.  Temperatures are going to be in the 70s with sunshine on both Saturday and Sunday.  So if you want to attend a different type of event -- come on up north!



This is the target for one of the competitions.  The planes have to drop balloons to try to get as close as possible to the target.




No comments:

Post a Comment