Thursday, January 19, 2012

Downtown Grand Marais and School Forest Ski

Yesterday was a beautiful day in Grand Marais. The early morning clouds dissipated and the sun came out. Temperatures were in the 20s and perfect for cross country skiing.

As I drove to town I decided to take a few pictures driving down "the hill" as we locals call it.  First the Grand Marais sign posted at our bay. Click on the photo to see a larger version that can be more easily read.


Now the curve above town.


Driving down the hill...





A couple of shots of the bay...



By the time I drove four miles east, the sun came out.  Here is a shot of the Sucker River.


More shots in the 1,300 School Forest.





1 comment:

  1. thank you for posting Karen. wish I could find the time to ski the school trail. at least through your blog I can have a virtual GM experience. thank you...

    ReplyDelete