Thursday, January 26, 2012

Incredible Frozen Waterfalls--Post 1

Yesterday I left Grand Marais mid-day to start heading toward my Arizona adventure. This is the 3rd of 4th trip in a row that I had a more leisurely approach to preparing for the trip. I must admit that this is an easier way to go about it, rather than working like a crazy lady to cram more work in before leaving.

I even had time in Munising to stop by some frozen waterfalls. First, I drove out Sand Point in Munising to see if I get get any photos of the ice cliffs on Grand Island.  Yep.  They are awesome.







This photo was taken looking back up Munising Bay.  Notice the two ice shanties as well as two lone fishermen sitting out on the ice.


Then I stopped at Munising Falls, located across from the hospital in Munising on Sand Point.


A map of the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore.


Frozen ice on the river...




The river....


And Munising Falls.  Normally this time of year the falls is much more massive.  The warm temperatures show..













1 comment:

  1. Love the waterfall pictures. We try to travel to Tahquammon Falls each winter just to see their winter beauty. When I tell people they really must see the falls during winter they are always amazed!

    ReplyDelete