Saturday, February 6, 2021

Deer and book update

First, an update on book progress.  I have been working on merging the text and photographs this past week and a half. This is a more tedious task than I anticipated because I am color coding the pages and also checking the quality of all the photos as I go. I have finished the introduction, chapter 1 (source of minerals), and chapter 2 (igneous intrusive rocks). This morning I will finish the extrusive igneous rocks chapter. So far the book has almost 400 photographs! This afternoon I will start the sedimentary rocks chapter, after which I have the metamorphic rocks chapter and the appendix.

While working on the book, I noticed two deer in my yard. After having daily visits of deer for months,  this is the first time I have seen them for several weeks.







No comments:

Post a Comment