Sunday, June 28, 2009

New Gitche Gumee Lectures

I have spent the past 3 weeks conducting research and creating a Power Point Presentation on GITCHE GUMEE GEOLOGY. The complexity of the Lake Superior basin made it a challenge to develop a presentation that effectively communicates what has happened in this region during the last several billion years. As many of you know, I also have a presentation on UNDERSTANDING AND FINDING AGATES.

The plan is to hold lectures in the building behind the museum three days a week. Thanks to Kathy and Steve Correll, we have cleaned out the old garage. Axel and his family never threw anything out, so that created another challenge. However, the building is now cleaned out. We used all of the old lumbering, fishing, and other artifacts as decorations. Thanks to my sister, Diana, I was able to acquire a Power Point Projector. So the show begins on July 2nd.

I am still finalizing the schedule, but i think the Gitche Gumee Lectures will be on:
Tuesdays, Thursday, and Saturdays in July and August at 6:30 pm -- when I am in town. I'll post a detailed schedule when it is finalized.

The lectures will last around an hour, which will include time for questions. I'll start with a donation only charge and see how it goes. I'll also start by letting those who show up vote on whether they would like to hear the agate talk, or the geology talk. At some point in the future, I'll develop more presentations and also arrange for guest speakers.

Hope to see you at a Gitche Gumee Lecture!

No comments:

Post a Comment