Monday, June 22, 2009

State Park 90th Anniversary

This past weekend I exhibited and spoke at the local celebration for the 90th anniversary for Michigan State Parks. The event was held at Muskallonge Lake State Park, which is located 20 miles east of Grand Marais. There were civil war reenactments, sled dog information, fly tying and casting demonstrations, and agate vendors. I would like to thank my agate friends, Gerald and Jill, for helping me out with the booth. Although I only agate hunted for a little while, in that I was busy with the booth, Gerald and Jill were able to spend more time on the local beach and found a few good agates. The weather didn't cooperate on Saturday: it was foggy and chilly most of the day, but fun was had by all. Pictured below are some of the agates that were for sale or on display, as well as some photos from the event.









No comments:

Post a Comment