Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Centennial Farm Celebration

This past weekend I went to the Keweenaw Peninsula to not only see my son and his family (including my granddaughter), but also to attend my daughter-in-law's family event to celebrate the designation of their centennial farm.  Just like my family, as well as the family who started the Gitche Gumee Museum, Jericho's family emigrated from Finland more than a century ago.  In 1915 they purchased land and started their farm. 

The property includes lots of out buildings, including one huge barn!



They had full size photos of the founding couple!


The farm house that now stands was built around the original log home during the 1930s.



The spread of food....



Inside the barn....




Some of the relatives read the story of the family...




Keweenaw Bay...



Moon rise and sun set over the bay...



No comments:

Post a Comment