Tuesday, September 1, 2015

End of the Summer Beach Swim and Picnic

Yesterday was the last day of summer for me and the Gitche Gumee Museum.  Today starts fall hours (daily 2-5pm except Saturdays noon-5pm).  To celebrate being the last day of summer, I headed to the beach with friends, Jamey and Lois.  Jamey and I did snorkel for about a minute.  The storm last week mixed up the water so even the water temperature just off shore was colder than it was a week or so ago.  It still felt good to dive in. 

Looking west....



Looking east with my camera's zoom....


Fire and sunset....


Lois throwing a stick for Bear...





The storm last week eroded more of the shoreline and exposed layers of black sand.....


Jamey and Lois found a tree frog.  I went to a few ID web sites.  It appears to be a spring peeper tree frog.  What do others think?





The storm last week burred a stump vertical with the roots sticking straight up from the sand.



1 comment: