Sunday, April 19, 2020

Hike from Sable Falls Parking into the Grand Sable Dunes.

Yesterday I drove to Sable Falls in the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore (a mile from my house) and hiked across the river and into the Grand Sable Dunes. It was cloudy and windy, but temperatures were in the upper 40s. As I was leaving the dunes, I ran into a young couple from Charlevoix. They were bored and came up from the Lower Peninsula to go hiking. PLEASE: stay home for another couple of weeks to make sure you do not unintentionally spread Covid-19. 

Snow melt creates temporary "creeks."
 

I had to maneuver around flooded areas.


Bridge over Sable River.





The snow pack has reduced a lot in the last five days.  Although I had to post-hole it in a few places, for the most part the snow was not too deep.


I have never seen so many large trees down on the trail.  The national park has a lot of clean up.



Almost to the dunes....



Heading to the bluff over Lake Superior.




Heading back....

No comments:

Post a Comment