Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Online Zoom Class and Virtual Shopping

There may be a few hiccups along the way, but since the first Zoom test worked our -- I am going for it.  To facilitate class and shopping scheduling, I am going through Acuity Scheduling.  I will be starting out with one class:  How to Find Lake Superior agates.  This video conference class will combine some of what I have offered during my onsite classes with a Power Point presentation.  During the first part I will show actual specimens and explain agate characteristics.  The Power Point will be shown on the screen and will include more detail.  Only five participants will be permitted in each class (five Zoom connections).  The class is $15/Zoom connection.  If multiple people want to take the class together, one person can sign up and pay for multiple slots and collect from your friends/family to pay their portion.  Each class should last around an hour and a half.  Two separate classes will be offered per day starting this Saturday.  Classes will take place everyday except for Tuesdays and Wednesdays.

There are also two time slots per day for one-on-one Zoom meetings to allow people to virtually shop at the Gitche Gumee Museum's gift shop.  I will use an IPad and walk around the gift shop to show you what is available.  I have the usual items as well as some new things I purchased at the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show in February.  The price to book a shopping slot is $20.  This is the minimum due.  If you spend over $30 (not including sales tax and shipping), the $20 deposit will be deducted from the total.  After you select the items you would like, I will calculate the total and you will pay via Square.

If you go to the Gitche Gumee Museum's Facebook page, there is an option to book a class or shopping slot (click on Book Now).  I also included a post today that has a booking link in the post (under the museum's photo).  Otherwise, you can put the following link into your browser:

https://app.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php?owner=19490256


Hopefully, these online services will raise money for the museum since I am not sure when I will be able to open.


No comments:

Post a Comment