Friday, April 17, 2020

School Forest Cross Country Ski

Yesterday I decided to try cross country ski in the Burt Township School Forest.  The trail has not been groomed since the snow storm.  It was impossible to see where the trail is and the snow was deep so I headed over to the road.  I did not know the road has been plowed all winter.  I was able to ski on the side of the road until just before the bridge where the sun melted all the snow.  So I took my skies off and walked to the wide bend of the Sucker River and back.  It was a beautiful day.


From the bridge looking east....


From the bridge looking west....


Wide bend of the Sucker River.


Part of the road was snow covered.


Over the last few years I have seen hundreds of the tree seedlings, but never paid attention to the sign until yesterday.



No comments:

Post a Comment