Friday, November 27, 2020

Sable Falls Hike

Yesterday was unfortunately the first Thanksgiving in my life I spent by myself.  Due to Covid, the isolation was self inflicted.  I woke up early at 5:30am and started writing.  I finished the research for my new book a few days ago.  It feels good to be writing again. This newest book is based off the Gitche Gumee Beach Rock Identification Guide I published several years ago.  The book will cover the 22 rocks listed in the guide.  There will be a chapter for each rock written from the perspective of the rock.

My sons, their families, and I had a Zoom get together late morning and then I started cooking.  I love Thanksgiving dinner, so I cooked it all -- for me, myself, and I.  Now I have lots of leftovers to feed me as I focus my energies on being a writer.

First, in the morning when I was working on the book, I noticed a large Barred Owl fly across my yard into a tree the other side of the driveway. 





My turkey.  It came out great!

I started the hike around 4:00pm.  After parking, I headed toward the steps and went down to the bottom of the boardwalk.  Then to get more exercise, I went up the steps and back down.  The second time I rewarded myself by continuing down the path to the beach.  I did not see another human.










The erosion at the end of the path is still out of control.  The park service tried to install the rope/log steps to help people to get down to the beach.  They did not last long.

People are making their own path to get to the beach, to the west of the original path.








No comments:

Post a Comment