Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Huricane River

On Sunday I decided to see how far west we can drive. A week or so there was still a lot of snow on the road past Sable Lake. That is no longer true. The road commission must have punched the road through since there were snow banks in places along the road. I was able to drive all the way to the Hurricane River!

There is now open water along the edges of Sable Lake. The remaining ice is very thin. It won't be long before Sable Lake is ice free.



On the way driving out to the Hurricane, there is still some snow on the south side of the road. I like the patterns it makes when melting in the woods.



Here are the shots I took at the Hurricane River.





1 comment:

  1. Karen,
    thanks for your blog! I love the area and enjoy the pics of all the different times of the year. Hope to visit Grand Marais and smell the wonderful air, hunt for agates, and stop by the museum this summer!
    Kathy
    Toledo, OHIO

    ReplyDelete