Friday, June 1, 2012

Grand Marais Beach and Bay

Last night after closing the museum I took a few photos around Grand Marais.

First, I captured a photo of a bird in the lilac bush outside the museum.



This is a picture I took a couple of nights ago.  Thanks to friends, Renee and Bob for a great brook trout dinner.


Yesterday the boulders for building up the break wall across the Grand Marais bay came down the hill.  The contractor has their mobile home office down on the point.


The first boulders....



When I was down town, I spotted this freighter heading west bound....




This photo is for my son, Jonathan, and his wife Jessica.  They were married on this board walk platform.


A lone fisherman sitting on the end of the break wall....



The new break wall will cut the bay in half.


Here is a look at the boulders from across the bay....



No comments:

Post a Comment