Saturday, August 17, 2013

Evening Walk

I decided to make sure that all the files on my new computer are backed up on Mozy.  It took two days to upload more than 25,000 files.  I purchased a new backup system to use at home, too, which I still have to do.  I'll set that up today when I get home from the museum.  I am also finishing some custom orders.  Tomorrow I'll make agate plates.  After that -- I'll resume work on the agate hunting DVD.

I didn't post a blog update yesterday since the computer was "occupied"  with the online backup.  The other night I did walk around my yard and captured a few photos.

We are getting lots of lettuce, a few peas, radishes, broccoli, and peppers out of the garden.




The pole beans are trying...


Lavender...



Lettuce....


Two types of thyme...



Parsley...

Dill...

Hosta...

It looks like we will have a good apple crop this year.





This fungi is growing on an apple tree stump.  You cannot see them in the photo, but there were hundreds of mosquitoes flying and landing on the fungi. 



The moon rising...


 

The water system crew finished up yesterday.  Thankfully.  One of the last tasks they had was to try to stop the flooding in front of the museum.  When they installed my water meter, they changed the contour of the road.  As a fix, they buried gravel under the area next to the street.  Yesterday, they sprayed the grass seed down.  For the next month or so, there will be no parking on the street side next to the museum.  Please park in the lot across the street.  Thanks for your cooperating and understanding.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment