Monday, August 19, 2013

Mineral art and DVD Update

This past few days I have spent my extra time backing up all the files on my new computer and making mineral art.

Thanks to help from 906Technologies (the company from which I purchased my new computer), I have set up a new local backup system.  I use Mozy online as well for the majority of my files, but I decided to not update the online class files online.  It wasn't a problem to do the update as I was developing the class, but I spent a whole day trying to update these files online from my new computer -- only around 10 percent were backed up in around 20 hours.  There are WAY too many large files, so I am going to depend on local backup for these instead, since the local backup goes a lot faster.


Two custom agate windows waiting for the final touches....


Yesterday I made 42 agate plates...



Notice the middle agate...


...Does it look like a wave crashing on the shore at night with a full moon?


Close ups of other plates...



 
 
DVD UPDATE
I have not had time to resume work over the last week since getting my new computer's files transferred and loaded, but now that I'm catching up on the mineral art, I should resume the narration tonight.


No comments:

Post a Comment