Monday, February 3, 2014

Petrified Forest -- Post 1

To get photos and do research for my next online class and DVD, I spent a whole day at the Petrified Forest.  I had been there once before in the early 1990s, but I never drove through the 26-mile long park and I did not visit all of the trails.  This time I decided that I had to see as much as possible in the day I allocated to this wonderful national park.

I approached the park from the south entrance.  Before driving into the national park, you pass a store/rock shop that has a cool rock wall.




Then a few miles down the road you enter the national park...


The petrified wood has eroded out of the sedimentary rock.








The petrified log in the photo below is dozens of feet long.





Continued tomorrow.....

No comments:

Post a Comment