Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Trilliums, Dunes, Hummingbird, New Rock Garden, Sunset, and Rainbow Photos

For today's blog posting I have a wide array of photos.  The other day I went on a short exercise trek at Sable Falls.  We only did the steps twice since we spent some time enjoying the nice weather on the beach.  I arrived early to get a few pictures of the trilliums.  I must admit that I have been so busy this past two weeks that I did not get over to see the trilliums at their peak.  Darn, since that is one thing I really enjoy doing.

Here are a few photos of the few remaining trilliums, along with some of their friends.




The multiple petal trilliums are on their last days.










Is the photo below an agate close up?


No, it is pollen floating in the rain puddle in the parking lot at Sable Falls.


The beach at the mouth of Sable River....


Lois enjoying the beach...


Jamey checking out the erosion of the sand bluff.....




Looking east...


After the falls, I stopped by the cross country ski trail to get pictures of the trilliums.  All the times I have skied this trail, I have never noticed the snow gauge before.




A couple more hummingbird photos...



This past week was Andre's first week helping out and volunteering at the museum.  His brother, Nick, helped out at the museum for eight years.  I have been wanting to make a rock garden in front of the museum for years.   Although it was a difficult first project, Andre pulled it off.  He hauled loads of the museum founder's rocks from the building behind the museum to the front.  Below is a picture of one of the last loads.  I still have to level the patio blocks and either purchase or build a bench.  Many of the rocks have some agate in them, so I am hoping that people respect the Andre Rock Garden and do not remove any of the rocks.  Great job, Andre!


A few sunset photos taken the last few nights....





Two nights ago we had a brief rainbow...



No comments:

Post a Comment