Sunday, April 12, 2015

Iceberg Sunset

Yesterday I went for a walk on the beach mid-afternoon with friend, Lois Fite.  However, I forgot to put the memory card back in my camera.  So at sunset I went back down, but instead this time at the end of Coast Guard Point.  It was a beautiful sunset.  But instead of taking a picture of the sun descending down to Lake Superior, the sun set below icebergs.

While walking from the parking lot to the beach, I captured the sun setting over the sand dune.


With my zoom lens I took the following photo of the lighthouse encased in ice.


Once I arrived to the beach, I walked next to the breakwall.  I turned around and took a picture looking south toward the bay.


Sunset over ice.


Without the zoom, this picture looks north toward the lighthouse. Notice that the channel and Lake Superior are still covered with ice.


Another photo looking south.


Sunset over ice...





Looking east toward Lonesome Point....






No comments:

Post a Comment