Friday, May 7, 2010

Cuyuna Show in Aitkin, MN

This past weekend I drove for the fourth trip in a month. All in all the driving this past month added up to almost 5,000 miles! This is the second year I've exhibited my mineral art at the Cuyuna Rock Club show in Aitkin, MN. I really like the people at the show. I had to go to MN anyway to pick up the museum's rocks that were used for the new agate book's photography. I met with the photographer, Tom Shearer and his wife, Sandy, a couple of times. I had a printed un-bound version of the book to show Tom and others who were interested. The book went over very well.

Below are some of the pictures I took at the show.



The fossilized clam specimen was quite large -- approximately 2 foot by 2 foot by 2 foot. From what the dealer told me, it is quite rare.




I really liked this 57 pound mookaite specimen from Australia. At $10 per pound, it was out of my price range.



Here are a couple of shots of my booth. I was glad to be inside the school gym. I felt bad for the dealers who set up out in the parking lot. The weather was cold, rainy, and windy. Many of the outside dealers didn't come back for the second day. I didn't blame them.




Of course any MN show is going to bring in the Lake Superior agate dealers. Here are a few shots of big Lakers.




No comments:

Post a Comment