Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothe's Day on the Beach

Although I have a lot of work to do, my friend Renee convinced me to spend Mother's Day on the beach. With all the travelling this past month, I needed a beach day anyway. I was hoping to find a big grade A banded agate. That was not to be for either of us, although we did find several small agates as well as some rougher quality agates. I did find the best moss agate of my life. It is big (2 1/4" x 1 3/4" x 1 1/2") and is more colorful than any moss agate I've ever seen come off our beach. In fact it looks more like Tenessee Paint Rock in terms of its colors. As is typical for moss agate, it had to be polished to bring out the beauty. Not long after I arrived home I put it to the wheel.




The sand dunes this time of year have the most detail. During the course of the summer, the formations wear down and the detail is lost. Below is a great formation that needed to be documented.



For you beach combers, here are a few shots of the beach. It was a beautiful day with blue skies, blue water, and a lot of rock.





The Trilliums are in bloom as are a few other early spring wild flowers. They were happy that the snow is gone and the sun is out, too.



I have had a few shots of the falls lately, but I have to include another showing the early spring leaves.

No comments:

Post a Comment