Friday, August 27, 2010

Agate Photos

First of all, friend Andy Mitchell sent me this better photo of the double rainbow we had the other night. My camera would not let me capture the whole rainbow. Thanks, Andy, for allowing me to share this great shot!



The photographer for the book, Tom Shearer, sent me a few photos over the last few weeks. For those who have seen the book and for all of you who view these photos, you can see that Tom is the "go to guy" if you need to get a picture taken of your favorite rocks. If you are interested in hiring Tom to take photos of your treasures, please send me an email to karen@agatelady.com. The first two are of a couple of Lake Superior candy stripers. The next two are Fairburn agates.







Here is a nice agate found by Chris Cooper at the mouth of the Two Hearted River. The large 16 pound agate was found in a swamp by the grandmother of Paul Mihelcich. The agate was found a long time ago in the Keweenaw. The agate was cut by the Seaman Museum. Paul does have both halves.





The next series of agates were found this summer by Joel Brussell in the Grand Marais area.



No comments:

Post a Comment