Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Agate Close Up Pictures

As usual when I am preparing for a show and making mineral art, the time available for hiking and taking pictures is more limited. The rain, cold, and wind also did not allow me to go out yesterday. So, as before, I'll include some agate close up pictures from the book. I apologize if any of these are repeats. I just go into my files and randomly select photos. I then zoom into the pictures and select interesting sections. All of these close ups are from pictures in Chapter 5.  Enjoy.

The first close up is from a Canadian Thunder Bay agate.  This is a much younger Lake Superior agate that formed in sedimentary rock seams. 



A Brazilian plume agate.....




A Brazilian sagenite agate.....



A South Dakota Fairburn agate......



A Kentucky agate.....



A Lake Superior fortification agate.....



A Mexican crazy lace agate......



A Lake Superior candy striped agate.....



A Texas moss agate......


1 comment:

  1. I would love to know what they look like in the raw. We spent a lot of time at Whitefish Point and around the area looking for Agates and even on beaches we were supposed to find a bunch we could not recognize them. Then we found some that we thought might be. We had hoped actually to get to Grand Marais and look in the museum next time we go up there. Love the area.

    Janice

    ReplyDelete