Saturday, October 8, 2011

Cranberry Festival in Eagle River, WI

I arrived back home yesterday -- one day later than expected. I wanted to see the movie, Money Ball, in Marquette. Plus I decided to visit with friends, Helen and Jimmie. After arriving home, I unpacked the car and set up the museum's gift shop. There are a lot of fall color people in the area, so I opened the museum for a few hours yesterday and will do the same for the next few days. If you want to get into the museum, however, it would still be better for you to set up an appointment by sending me an email to karen@agatelady.com or calling 906-494-2590.

Last weekend I exhibited my mineral art at the Cranberry Festival in Eagle River, WI. It is a huge show with nearly 300 vendors and over 20,000 attendees -- all in a town of 1,500 people. It is always a mad scramble to set up the booth. I changed location this year, however, to the other side of the big tent so it was easier to get the car close to my booth space.  That is important when you have to carry rocks!

Apparently the northern Wisconsin area is one of the largest producers of cranberries in the country.  There were cranberry products located throughout the fairgrounds.



As I said, my booth was in the large tent located near the back of the fairgrounds.  I pay extra to be inside the tent so that I don't have to set up my own tent.  This strategy backfired a bit because of the low nightly temperatures.  Due to cold temperatures in the mid-20s, frost built up on the inside of the large tent.  I used a towel to scrape off what I could reach, but as the rest melted it dripped on everything.  I'll have to think about setting up a tent inside the tent next year as many of the other artists did.



My booth was inside the right hand section of the big tent, on the right just as you entered.  I'll probably try to keep this location in future years.



There were lots of people......



Here is a shot of my booth.  Jill is in the middle helping customers.  Thanks, Jill, for your help during the show!



The selection of items for sale is better at this show than at any other event that I attend.






This year we stayed at Edgewood Inn.  It is located right on the river.  It was such a beautiful night that Jill and I decided to rent one of the canoes.  I own two, but due to my busy schedule they have not been in the water in two years.  Thus, it was great to be out on the water paddeling.  I do love to canoe.





When I went out to the car to get something, I just had to capture a shot of the quarter moon.


No comments:

Post a Comment