Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Morning Walk near Sable Falls

I won't call it a hike since I was only out for around 30 or 40 minutes, but I had to get a little exercise. It is still chilly (low 40s), but the wind has temporarily died down and we are getting some peaks at the sun.

Since I don't have much time right now, I decided to walk from Sable Falls towards the visitor's center. It actually was a beautiful morning for a walk. How about coming along!

When I pulled up into the Sable Falls parking lot, I was amazed at seeing part of a large tree broke and laying on the ground.  During the walk, there were numerous trees down.  Part of the path was more like an obstacle course.



I headed from the parking lot toward the foot bridge.  When I passed the interpretive sign (right of center in photo below), I decided to document it.  For those of you who have been to and love Grand Marais, it is always nice to revisit the paths and places that you love.  For those of you who have not been to Grand Marais, it is good to get a perspective.






So from the foot bridge, I headed west toward the Sable Visitors Center.



There were sections of the woods that were so brilliantly colored that they looked fluorescent. This section of the path follows along Sable River.





When I walk through the woods, I always look for little communities.  The moss on this log was brilliantly green.


No comments:

Post a Comment