Thursday, April 12, 2012

Sunset Dune Hike

Yesterday I worked on the online rockhounding adventures all day. It was supposed to be sunny, but the sun did not pop out until an hour or so before sunset. Even though I wanted to just keep working, I decided that I needed exercise so I headed over to the Sable Falls area. I hiked into the dunes to get some sunset shots.

I hate to keep harping on the drought conditions, but they are evident everywhere.  Usually this time of year the local rivers and creeks are at peak flow.  Yesterday I noticed that the level of Sable River is quite low.

After crossing the foot bridge, I headed into the dunes.  I just love the low sun angle's glow on the dunes.


Sand dune patterns....


Of course I headed over to the bluff to check out the shoreline, as well as the sunset.





Then I hiked through the woods to the Ghost Forest.


I liked the red sky behind the lighthouse so I used my camera's zoom lens to get a photo.



This sunset photo was taken a couple of nights ago from my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment