Thursday, March 21, 2013

Blizzard

The blizzard continued all day yesterday.  I didn't even try to leave the house.  We still have a chance for a few more inches of lake effect snow today, but for the most part the blizzard is over.  My house is now buried on the south and east sides with snow that has drifted all the way up to the roof line.  This is the most snow I've seen in the 11 years I've lived in this house.

First:  the snow around my sun porch.  These photos were taken yesterday.  Today, the snow drift is at least two feet taller.

 
 
 
 
The first photo below was taken out of my kitchen window at around 6:00 p.m. last night.  The second photo was taken this morning.  The bottom of the window is around seven feet off the ground.
 
 
 
I happened to have the NASA channel on yesterday when I was working on my computer.  The International Space Station was flying over Lake Superior when I snapped a couple of photos from my TV.  You can see the western end of Lake Superior with Isle Royal in the first picture below.  You can also see the lake effect snow event hitting the upper peninsula.  The second photo shows sunrise.
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. yikes! I am getting tired of the cold and snowing here in Lowell every day. you are buried!! love your blog.

    ReplyDelete