Tuesday, January 5, 2016

First Creek Bluff and Beach Snowshoe

Yesterday was the first sunny day we have had in over three weeks!  Although the temperature was in the teens, there was little to know wind so it was actually very nice outside!  I decided to test my knee with elevation change so Lois and I snowshoed up the bluff at First Creek, walked along the bluff most of the way toward Sable River, and then headed back and down the beach.  The knee did fine (thanks to a knee brace), but I did have some issues with my ankle not bending the way i would like. 

After picking up Lois, I snapped a couple of pictures documenting the first ice on the bay.  We are a long way from ice fishing, though!



First Creek trail....


Up the bluff past First Creek....




Walking west along the bluff....





Back across the bridge at First Creek....


...and down the beach!
 


Ice coated everything for a couple of dozen feet up the beach.









Baby shelf ice....





Then we headed up the center steps in Woodland Park and back to the car.



No comments:

Post a Comment