Friday, January 1, 2016

Head Lamp New Years Eve Hike

Happy New Year!  To celebrate last night, I had a great dinner with friends, Jamey and Lois, and then we went on an adventure.  We put on our head lamps and headed up into the Grand Sable Dunes.  The ridges were too windy so we found a calm area in the pines on the east side of the dunes, put down our old shower curtain and towels, and shared a bottle of champagne.  I didn't take any photos, but afterwords we went back to my house and had a bonfire.   At midnight, the Grand Marais chamber set off their fireworks.  We could not see the actual fireworks since I live more than two miles from town, but the glow in the snow and the boom-booms made it look and sound like a war zone!

It is nice to see everything coated with snow!




Champagne time!



I took this photo a few minutes ago out my front window.  It is snowing hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment