Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Western Upper Peninsula Adventure -- Post 1

I didn't get a chance to post an update yesterday due to the fact that the wifi was not working at the cabins where my sister and I stayed. We left Grand Marais on Saturday morning and headed west. The weather was perfect all weekend with temperatures in the upper 60s. The skies were also sunny and the fall colors were peak. It will take several days to post all of the photos since Diana and I took many hundreds of pictures. I'll pick out the best to share with you and give you a flavor of how beautiful the Lake Gogebic area is.

By the time we had breakfast and organized everything for the trip, we didn't leave my house until 11 in the morning. Our first stop was the overlook at Sable Lake to document the fall colors from the overlook.




We headed away from Sable Lake driving west on H58.  I had to grab this shot of the tree colors along the original Log Slide road.
 


Here are a couple shots of the fall colors from a rest area along US41 west of Marquette.



Then as we drove west, we went a little out of our way to check out the fall colors at Canyon Falls, located ten miles east of L'Anse.  It was a beautiful stop.















No comments:

Post a Comment