Wednesday, January 1, 2014

More Snow for New Years

Happy new years to everyone.  In Grand Marais this morning it is just above zero with continuing lake effect snow.  My friend, Renee, stopped over and we snowshoed around my property.  I also shoveled some of the snow hanging from my roof.  Although I have a path, you wouldn't know it right now.  There is so much snow in the apple trees that it was like an obstacle course.  We had to duck under tree branches.  I'll have to spend some time clearing the path.




Although I have a path, you wouldn't know it right now.  There is so much snow in the apple trees that it was like an obstacle course.  We had to duck under tree branches.  I'll have to spend some time clearing the path.


Again this year some of the apples never fell from the trees.


I checked the webpage (http://www.glerl.noaa.gov/) to see how the ice cover is doing on Lake Superior.  Given how cold it has been, I am surprised there isn't even more ice.


Then I checked the current snow depth.  Because the lake effect bands have been setting up to dump more snow along the shoreline, rather than inland where the normal snow accumulation zone is, we have between 30 and 40 inches on the ground.


No comments:

Post a Comment