Thursday, January 16, 2014

Sedona -- Post 1

Yesterday I picked up my friend, Helen, at the airport in Phoenix.  We headed two hours north to our rental in Sedona.  I have been to Sedona at least a dozen times, but I've never hiked the area.  Helen has been doing research on possible hikes. 

The view from our balcony:


Last night we reviewed our options.


From our cottage suite it is a short walk down to Oak Creek, which provides an even better view of Cathedral Rock.



There is a park now where original homesteaders diverted the creek for irrigation purposes.



We walked along the creek...





Behind the water wheel was a small waterfall.


Today we start with real hikes.  Looking forward to taking some great photos.  After a few years of hard work, I really need a few days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment