Saturday, May 10, 2014

Iceberg Sunset

The other night I walked part way out the breakwall to capture what I could of sunset.  Unfortunately a cloud bank blocked the horizon.  It was a beautiful and warm night none the less.

Recently Lois found the heart rock on the left to go with the one on the right that she found on Valentine's Day.


View of the bay from Lois and Jamey's Agate Cross Bed and Breakfast.  The bay is still ice covered, but that won't last long. 



Walking out the breakwall...



Freighter heading west bound. 



Pancake ice in the channel... 


Iceberg sunset....


Submerged ice shelf....


Icebergs to the west....



I only walked out on the cement section of the breakwall.  Beyond that there are still mounds of ice.





Heading back to the parking lot....






Rocks dumped by already melted icebergs.





The new breakwall....


The old Coast Guard complex...


3 comments:

  1. Those iceberg sunset shots are gorgeous, Karen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It was fun taking pictures on that breakwall walk. I had it all to myself, there was little to no wind, and it was warm out.

      Delete
  2. I love seeing these pictures of such special places. My dad spent countless hours fishing off the pier. He was so happy there.

    ReplyDelete