Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Sable Lake Ski

Yesterday was the first day in almost two weeks that Wendy and I didn't get outside to exercise. Many of you who know me realize that I am not a fan of doing paperwork and bookkeeping. However, it has to be done. I sat at my computer yesterday ALL DAY and completed a lot of the task. It is unbelievable how many government forms had to be filed out, some were quarterly filings while others were annual.

Two days ago Wendy and I decided that with the new snow, it was time to cross country ski. We started down the trail by Sable Visitors' Center. While it was beautiful, the snow was very sticky.



So we doubled back and skied the road to Sable Lake. The snowmobiles packed down the snow and made it more skiable. I don't like skiing across lakes, but we figured that if we stayed away from the river mouth, where there are probably currents and thinner ice, that we would be OK. Here is a view looking back at the dunes from across the icy lake.



We skied over to the boat ramp. It sure looks different in the winter than it does in the summer.



I thought that this broken tree as well as the birch clump made good nature's art shots.


No comments:

Post a Comment