Sunday, October 13, 2013

Exploring the U.P. -- Post 6

I sorted through the rest of the pictures left over from last weekend, merging those taken by my sister with my own.  There are too many to include in one posting, so I'll finish up the pictures tomorrow.

Last Sunday evening we drove the 19 miles to the end of Stonington Peninsula, located south of Rapid River.  There is a tunnel of trees at the end of the road.



All of the glass and infrastructure has been removed from the lighthouse, but what remains allows visitors to climb up to see the view.



 



With my camera zoom, I captured this picture of Wisconsin...




This peninsula is famous for the monarch migration.

 

Most of the monarchs come through in August and September, but we saw a few.....





We cooked dinner while waiting for sunset...


 
 A freighter went by...

No comments:

Post a Comment