Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Hawaii Trip -- Post 2

Today was a day dedicated to relaxing.  I am not at all used to leisure time, but I am making myself do it.  I read, rested, played Scrabble with Barb, and finally did take a three mile walk along the shoreline.  I also tried to book a flight to the Big Island so that I can see the active volcano.  That is not in the cards for this trip since the flights are already sold out.

I am on the island of Oahu.....

 
 
 
More pictures of the Marriott resort complex....
 
 
 
 
The non-improved "beach" is quite rugged with coral and lava rock.
 
 
 
 
I just love that everything is in bloom...
 
 
 
 
Fish in the pond....
 
 
The resort has constructed several swimming lagoons.
 
 
 
 
These birds are everywhere....
 
 
The waves were much higher today than yesterday.
 
 
Fruit in one of the trees....
 
 
 
 
One of the Marriott resorts has a pool with shark and stingray.  It was difficult to get a decent picture with the reflections on the water.
 
 
 
This beach had all coral rock...
 
 
There is a church in amongst the Marriott properties that appears to be used mostly for weddings.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Very Informative! This blog is great source of information which is very useful for me. Thank you very much for sharing this!
    whitetail pictures

    ReplyDelete