Friday, November 28, 2014

Presque Island Snowshoe -- Post 2

I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving!

Today I will post the second half of the photos from the snowshoe I took with Helen Riley the other day when I visited her in Marquette.  We snowshoed around Presque Island.

I forgot to include the photo below yesterday.  It is the heavy frost on Helen's car windshield.


Evergreens on Presque Island....


After walking the ridge down the center of the island, we snowshoed the trail back to the unplowed loop road.  Rather than heading back to the car, we detoured over to the black lava rocks.  They are really cool with the contrasting white snow.




Picnic rocks with my camera's zoom....


Ice on the rocks along the shoreline...



Sugarloaf Mountain with my camera's zoom....


Cliffs along the trail as we headed back to the car....





The harbor lighthouse...

No comments:

Post a Comment