Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Few More Seney Refuge Photos

I hope that everyone had a safe and enjoyable Christmas. The next few days in Grand Marais are going to be warmer and sunny. We are supposed to have temperatures in the 30s. I guess down state Michigan is going to see 50 degree temperatures in some places. While we have mild weather around here, the east coast is supposed to get pounded with a storm. My son and his wife are supposed to fly back into Boston early on Tuesday. Since Boston is expected to get up to two feet of snow, I hope they can safely make it back.

Today's posting includes a few more photos taken during the cross country ski trip to the Seney Refuge the other day. I just love the clumps of snow on the trees.





These snow covered boulders next to the river demanded that a picture was taken.



I think I had a picture of this bear-clawed tree last year. The bear must use it a lot because it was definitely more clawed up this year. There were some of the shavings on top of the snow so at least one bear is not yet in hibernation.


No comments:

Post a Comment