Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Agates and Rocks Magnified

Yesterday was the first day I have missed a blog update for weeks. Sorry about that. I woke up early and jumped right into preparation for a meeting with my webmaster to discuss the online rockhounding adventures. But I am back at it -- although not as early as I usually am this morning.

For today's posting I decided to post more of the pictures from my late night USB camera session the other night.

This is a piece of sedimentary chert with a quartz crystal cave.


Granite....


Chalcedony agate showing waxy luster, pit marks, conchoidal fractures, and limonite on the husk.


Metamorphic gneiss.....


Sandstone....


Water level agate.....


Agate banding.....


Basalt.....


More agate banding....


Sedimentary chert with fossil....


Agate showing conchoidal fractures and waxy luster....

No comments:

Post a Comment