Thursday, July 5, 2012

Happy July 4th

I am a little short on time since I have to be at the museum in 20 minutes. I spent all morning trying to place an order for a new beach rock identification guide that I am printing up. It will be a tri-fold 11 x 17 inch guide that will help the user identify the most common 22 rocks found on the Lake Superior beach. It will be laminated so that you can take it down to the beach to ID rocks. I will have them back from the printer in around 9 or 10 days.

Yesterday, Grand Marais was packed with tourists. A good time was had by all, and the weather cooperated.

The parade....





The line up for the parade down Brazel St.


I rode in my friend's golf cart and did wear the bear coat, as did the museum founder for many years.  Here are a few shots from the cart...



I watched the fire works from the southeast side of the bay.  There are a lot of boats.  Notice the new breakwall in the center of the picture below..


Each year there is a HUGE bon fire that is lit just before the fireworks. 


The show...








No comments:

Post a Comment