Monday, July 9, 2012

Sable Lake Canoe Caming

Last night I decided to take some time to not work and went canoe camping with my friend, Bill. We reserved the one camp site on Sable Lake that was set up a few years ago by the National Park Service. It was a beautiful evening. Instead of a tent, Bill brought two jungle hammocks. I forgot to take a picture of them and don't have time to search the internet for one right now, since I have to head over to the museum. You string them between two trees, including the netting and rain fly. I must admit it was an experience.

Bill also brought his bass boat and 4.5 hp mower.  Here is a shot of me waiting at the dock.
..

... And Bill driving the boat.


Interesting clouds...


Artistic dead fall....


The south end of Sable Lake...


Heading back to the north end of Sable Lake...

Sunset...


We cooked dinner and had a great fire.


1 comment:

  1. looks like a really good relaxing time.

    ReplyDelete