Sunday, November 11, 2012

NASA videos and Images

Yesterday while it was sunny and in the 60s in the lower peninsula of Michigan, it was in the 30s, cold, and rainy here in the upper peninsula.  So needless to say, I did not go out hiking in that weather.  So for today's blog posting I'll share a view of the videos and images posted by NASA on their web pages http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/videogallery/index.html  and http://eros.usgs.gov/imagegallery/.

First, here are some of the NASA/USGS images taken from the LANDSAT satellite. These pictures show how beautiful our planet really is.










While conducting research for the online rockhounding adventures, I not only found the above images but I also looked at dozens of NASA videos.  When I watched the following one just for curiosity's sake, I realized that I have never thought about what happens to water when there is no gravity.  Check out this astronaut in the International Space Station playing with water.


 Here is another NASA videos showing the beauty of the Sun.




No comments:

Post a Comment