Thursday, November 1, 2012

Sable River Hike

Yesterday the wind was still blowing and it was raining off and on, but I decided to go on a hike anyway.  Since the remnant super storm Sandy wind was from the north, I decided to park at Sable Visitor's Center and walk around the river, over the foot bridge, and into the dunes.


The leaves, of course, are all down now.  It is difficult this time of year to find the trail.


I love the patches of green that pop up amongst the leaves.



Due to the rain we have had this last few weeks, the river levels seem to have returned to normal.



The winds at the lake shore yesterday were still sustained in the 30 mph range.  I didn't spend much time on the bluff since I was getting sand blasted.



A couple more shots taken in the woods on my way back to the car...



No comments:

Post a Comment