Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sable Falls and Beach Hike -- Post 1

Yesterday I decided to hike in the morning. I drove over to the Sable Falls parking lot and headed off into the dunes.


Once in the dunes, then I headed north to the "Ghost Forest," over to the bluff.  The reason why I have the formal name of this spot in quotes is that there no longer is a ghost forest in this spot.


Then my friend and I decided to go down the dune.  We don't often do this, but it will soon be winter and it is not safe to go down the frozen sand in the winter.  Plus we decided that we wanted to walk on the beach.  So down I went...



Notice the darker clay...



Looking back up the dune.  Notice my friend up on top.




Then we headed up the stairs to Sable Falls and back to the parking lot.










There were several new signs in the area...


And a new fence and improved picnic area...


No comments:

Post a Comment