Monday, August 15, 2011

30th Grand Marais Music and Arts Festival

This past weekend was the 30th annual Music and Arts Festival in Grand Marais. I must say that it was the most relaxing festival I have had. For many years while I was co-owner of the brewpub, festival weekend was always crazy busy. Now for the past ten years I have had a booth plus the museum. This year, however, with Candace being off on maternity leave -- I did not have a booth. I must admit that it was a sense of relief.

I worked all day Saturday but was able to walk around to get a few shots in the morning before working the museum all day. Then after having dinner with friends (thanks to Scott, Dwight, and Kathy) we headed over to festival to enjoy some of the music.

For those who may want to attend next year, the festival is always the second full weekend in August. You can get more information at the www.grandmaraismichigan.com web page.





Here are a few shots of some of the vendor booths.




A full moon greeted the festival crowd.  Not many noticed, but the International Space Station also flew over head. 

One of the bands from Saturday night.











No comments:

Post a Comment